Thursday 20 October 2011

Goldcrest Regulus regulus at Far Ings 20.10.11.

.
Hundreds or hours went into obtaining this image, Why did I put so much time into it you might ask? simple, because its not an easy subject. Despite the fact that this is a relatively common bird, you just don't get a photo of this species of this quality every day. Many a day I've gone home without a single shot after trying for nothing but this species all day. I've also deleted many average quality images of the species over the last year or so before settling on this one. I enjoyed the challenge involved in getting it. If you've ever tried photographing Goldcrests, then you know how difficult they are to find and get into the viewfinder with all the conditions right. Unlike many more glamourous looking species, when you do manage to find it you don't get many chances of obtaining a decent image. I hope you all enjoyed seeing it as much as I did getting it. Click the image to view a larger version.

2 comments: